Randy Q. Ligh, DDS
A pediatric dentist is a patient’s introduction to the dental environment. For 34 years, I have had the privilege of being in a field where, in more than just about any other, we have an opportunity to have a positive impact on the oral health of a young child and really make a difference. It is always my hope that the information we share with our patients will lead each to a lifetime of great oral health.
I listen to our patients and truly appreciate their honesty. Whether infants, young children, or adolescents, I want each to know they are respected and safe in our office.
Education and continuing education
My educational background includes:
- University of California, Berkeley – undergraduate degree
- Temple University Kornberg School of Dentistry in Philadelphia – Doctorate of Dental Surgery
- University of California, Los Angeles, Martin Luther King Jr./Drew Medical Center – residency
I have always believed in and enjoyed learning, and every day there is more to learn within my field. Every year, we get better at what we do. It is a must that we know about advances in diagnosis and treatment, as well as new technology that has become available. We want our patients to receive only the best care we are able to give them!
I am active within my profession. My affiliations include:
- American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- Diplomate, American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- United States Lactation Consultant Association
- Baby Friendly Health Initiative Certified
I love being a part of my community. Sharing my skills with others gives me an opportunity to meet new people and improve lives. I participate in Parents Helping Parents and also perform pro bono work with underserved populations through international charities.
Family and free time
I am a resident of Los Gatos and have been blessed with a large extended family. Some of the valued loved ones in my life include pets. In my spare time, I enjoy swimming, jogging, water skiing, and taking cooking classes.
If you would like, feel free to click to my Yelp profile and see what my patients have posted about their experiences at PDO!