Using the most advanced dental technology is just as important as staying up to date on the latest treatment techniques. Because our practice is dedicated to providing you with the safest and most convenient treatment options available, we utilize advanced digital X-ray technology in our office.
Is a digital X-ray really safer?
Because we care about your entire body’s health and well-being, we believe that reducing the amount of radiation you or your child are exposed to is extremely important. Although the amount of radiation used in dental X-rays is very small, the effect is cumulative, so all radiation counts. Digital X-rays can reduce the exposure to radiation by up to 80%!
What are the advantages of digital X-rays?
- We want the patient to be as comfortable as possible during the appointment, and digital X-rays eliminate the need to bite down on a sharp piece of film encased in plastic.
- There is no need to wait for the X-ray film to be developed before it can be viewed, so the entire checkup can be a lot shorter.
- The digital images can be enlarged and manipulated, which gives our doctors a clearer, more detailed look at the teeth.
- Because you can see the image enlarged on a screen, you can better understand the dental condition and why treatments may be necessary.
- It’s better for the earth! There is no need to use harmful chemicals to process film.
Our practice is focused on making the dental experience as comfortable as possible. At your next appointment, we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.